The 2014 Season at a Glance
Starting December 28th, 2013 and ending on March 29, 2014, the fishing results for the weeks between our two lodges on the Estancia Maria Behety were as follows:
• Total fish landed and released 3,558 (529 more than the 2013 season)
• Average weight 9.69 pounds (9.97 in 2013)
• Fish landed over 15 pounds, 541 (462 in 2013)
• Fish landed over 20 pounds, 93 (103 in 2013)
• Average weekly catch 19.72 fish, or 3.3 fish per day/per angler (19.87, or 3.35 fish per day in 2013)
The largest sea-trout recorded this season was a magnificent 27.5 pound buck landed by Jean Gousset, fishing the week of March 15 – 22, 2014, from the Estancia Maria Behety Lodge.
Other notable angling achievements leaving an indelible mark on this season included:
• Robbie Debernardi landed 62 fish for the week, March 08 – 14, 2014, fishing from La Villa.
• Gordon Armstrong fishing from La Villa the last week of the season March 22 – 29, 2014 – under very difficult weather conditions – landed 37 fish for the week.
• Roger Young’s two week total (January 18 – February 01, 2014) of 81 fish landed to hand – Amazing!
• Karen Reeve fishing the first week of February landed 36 fish, including a dimer 26-pound buck!
There were many other memorable and amazing fishing accomplishments this past season – too many to list here.
A heartfelt “Thank you” to all of our friends who continue to travel to and fish the Estancia Maria Behety; without you, these two world-class operations would not exist. The Menendez family is committed to the fishing on the Estancia and will continue to make improvements to infrastructure and any and every component of the fishing program to better serve their guests. We wholeheartedly welcome and value your comments, observations and input, and will strive to make adjustments where needed to make your entire experience better.
Contact us TODAY if you hope to get on the 2015 calender at either Maria Behety or La Villa Lodge. Call us toll free: 888.486.8972. Space is limited!!